When using electrical appliances, basic safety
precautions should be followed, including the
1. Read all instructions before using.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles and
knobs when available.
3. This appliance must be properly installed
and located in accordance with these
instructions before it is used.
4. The use of an accessory not approved for
use with this appliance may cause injuries.
5. Do not place on or near a hot gas or
electric burner, or in a heated oven.
6. Do not use outdoors.
7. To protect against electric shock, do not
immerse cords, plugs, or the appliance in
water or any other liquid.
8. Do not overfill the Water Reservoir
in this appliance! Do not
put any other liquids or foods in the Water
Reservoir except as instructed in the
Cleaning Instructions in this guide.
10. Unplug the coffee brewer before cleaning.
Allow to cool before putting on or taking off
parts and before cleaning the appliance.
11. For best operation, plug the appliance into
its own electrical outlet on a dedicated
circuit to prevent flickering of lights,
blowing of fuses or tripping a circuit
12. Do not operate any appliance with a
damaged cord or plug or after the appliance
malfunctions or is damaged in any manner.
Contact Keurig Customer Service for
13. Do not let the cord hang over the edge
of the table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
14. To disconnect, press and release the Power
Button on the back of the Brewer to ‘OFF’
status and then remove the plug from the
15. Close supervision is necessary when
any appliance is used by or near children.
16. Do not lift the Handle to open the Lid
of the Brewer while brewing is in progress.
17. Always keep the Water Reservoir Cover on
the Water Reservoir unless you are refilling it.
18. This appliance is equipped with a power
cord having a grounding wire with a
grounding plug. The appliance must be
grounded using a 3-hole properly grounded
outlet. In the event of an electrical short
circuit, grounding reduces the risk of
19. If the outlet is a standard 2-prong wall
outlet, it is your personal responsibility
and obligation to have it replaced with a
properly grounded 3-prong wall outlet.
20. Do not, under any circumstances, cut or
remove the third (ground) prong from
the power cord or use an adapter.
21. Consult a qualified electrician if the
grounding instructions are not completely
understood, or if doubt exists as to whether
the appliance is properly grounded.
22. Do not use the appliance for other than
its intended use.
SAFE OPERATION & USE
B70_Use_CareGuide_Cover.qxp 2/11/07 15:12 Page 3