1 Press the volume knob to enter
2 Turn the volume knob to select
press the knob.
3 Turn the volume knob to make a selection (see the
following table), then press the knob.
Repeat step 3 until the desired item is selected or
4 Press and hold to exit.
• To return to the previous hierarchy, press .
DISP & KEY
VARIABLE SCAN/ VARI SCAN/
COLOR 01 — COLOR 24/ USER: Selects your
preferred key illumination color.
You can create your own color (when
[COLOR 01] — [COLOR 24] or [USER] is
selected). The color you have created can be
selected when you select [USER].
Press and hold the volume knob to enter
the detailed color adjustment.
to select the color (R/
G/ B) to adjust.
Turn the volume knob to adjust the level
(0 — 9), then press the knob.
DISP DIMMER ON: Dims the display illumination. ;
TEXT SCROLL AUTO/ ONCE: Selects whether to scroll the
display information automatically, or scroll only
once. ; OFF: Cancels.
KEY DIMMER DIMMER LV1: Dims the key illumination. ;
DIMMER LV2: Dims the key
illumination darker than DIMMER LV1. ;
DIMMER OFF: Cancels.
• This unit can only play the following CDs:
• Detailed information and notes about the
playable audio files are stated in an online
manual on the following site:
• Playable Audio file: AAC (.m4a), MP3 (.mp3),
• Playable disc media: CD-R/RW/ROM
• Playable disc file formats: ISO 9660 Level 1/2,
Joliet, Romeo, Long file name.
• Playable USB device file system: FAT16, FAT32
Although the audio files are complied with
the standards listed above, playback maybe
impossible depending on the types or conditions
of media or device.
• Discs that are not round.
• Discs with coloring on the recording surface or
discs that are dirty.
• Recordable/ReWritable discs that have not
• 8 cm CD. Attempting to insert using an adapter
may cause malfunction.
About USB devices
• This unit can play AAC/MP3/WMA files stored
on a USB mass storage class device.
• You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub
and Multi Card Reader.
• Connecting a cable whose total length is longer
than 5 m may result in abnormal playback.
• This unit cannot recognize a USB device whose
rating is other than 5 V and exceeds 1 A.
- iPod touch (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation)
- iPod classic
- iPod with video
- iPod nano (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th generation)
- iPhone, iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S
• For the latest compatible list and software versions of iPhone/iPod, see:
• If you start playback after connecting the iPod, the music that has been played
by the iPod is played first.
In this case, “RESUMING” is displayed without displaying a folder name, etc.
Changing the browse item will display the correct title, etc.
• You cannot operate iPod if “KENWOOD” or “
” is displayed on iPod.
About HD Radio™ Technology
Program Service Data provides song name, artist, station ID,
and other relevant data streams.
• Adjacent to traditional main stations are HD2/HD3 Channels,
providing new original formats on the FM dial.
• HD Radio broadcasts deliver crystal clear, CD-like digital audio
quality to consumers.
• iTunes® Tagging provides users the means to “tag” broadcast
radio content for later review and purchase from the iTunes®
About KENWOOD Music Editor Light and KENWOOD Music
• This unit supports the PC application KENWOOD Music Editor Light and
Android™ application KENWOOD Music Control.
• When you play audio files with song data added using the KENWOOD Music
Editor Light or KENWOOD Music Control, you can search for audio files by
Genres, Artists, Albums, Playlists, and Songs.
• KENWOOD Music Editor Light and KENWOOD Music Control are available from
the following web site: www.kenwood.com/cs/ce/
EN_KDC-X497[KW]_f.indd 10EN_KDC-X497[KW]_f.indd 10 10/1/12 11:09:26 AM10/1/12 11:09:26 AM