CONTENTS BEFORE USE
Do not operate any function that takes your attention away from safe driving.
• Adjust the volume so that you can hear sounds outside the car to prevent accident.
• Lower the volume before playing digital sources to avoid damaging the speakers by the sudden increase of the
• Avoid using the USB device or iPod/iPhone if it might hinder driving safety.
• Make sure all important data has been backed up. We shall bear no responsibility for any loss of recorded data.
• Never put or leave any metallic objects (such as coins or metal tools) inside the unit, to prevent a short circuit.
If a disc error occurs due to condensation on the laser lens, eject the disc and wait for the moisture to evaporate.
Remote control (RC-406):
• Do not leave the remote control in hot places such as on the dashboard.
• The Lithium battery is in danger of explosion if replaced incorrectly. Replace it only with the same or equivalent
• The battery pack or batteries shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
• Keep battery out of reach of children and in original package until ready to use. Dispose of used batteries
promptly. If swallowed, contact a physician immediately.
CALIFORNIA, USA ONLY
This perchlorate WARNING applies only to the product sold or distributed in California USA “Perchlorate
Material–special handling may apply, See www.dtsc.ca.gov/hazardouswaste/perchlorate.”
BEFORE USE 2
GETTING STARTED 4
CD / USB / iPod 5
HD RADIO™ 7
AUDIO SETTINGS 9
DISPLAY SETTINGS 10
MORE INFORMATION 10
INSTALLATION / CONNECTION 12
SPECIFICATIONS i and ii
(at the end of the book)
How to read this manual
• Operations explained mainly using buttons
on the faceplate.
indicates the selected items.
indicates references are available on
the stated page number.
Cleaning the unit: Wipe off dirt on the faceplate with a dry silicon or soft cloth.
Cleaning the connector: Detach the faceplate and clean the connector with a
cotton swab gently, being careful not to damage the connector.
• Do not touch the recording surface of the disc.
• Do not stick tape etc. on the disc, or use a disc with tape stuck on it.
• Do not use any accessories for the disc.
• Clean from the center of the disc and move outward.
• Clean the disc with a dry silicon or soft cloth. Do not use any solvents.
• When removing discs from this unit, pull them out horizontally.
• Remove burrs from the center hole and disc edge before inserting a disc.
Connector (on the reverse
side of the faceplate)
EN_KDC-X497[KW]_f.indd 2EN_KDC-X497[KW]_f.indd 2 10/1/12 11:04:23 AM10/1/12 11:04:23 AM