safety information _7
• When the refrigerator gets wet by water, pull out the power plug and contact your
Samsung Electronics service center.
• If the refrigerator is disconnected from the power supply, you should wait for at least five
minutes before plugging it back.
If you have a long vacation planned or the refrigerator is not to be used for a long period of
time, you must empty the refrigerator and pull out the power plug and close the water valve.
- Deterioration in the insulation may cause fire.
- Otherwise, water leakage may occur.
• In the event of a power failure, call the local office of your Electricity Company and ask
how long it is going to last.
Most power failures that are corrected in an hour or two will not affect your refrigerator
temperatures. However, you should minimize the number of door openings while the power is off.
- But should the power failure last more than 24hours, remove all frozen food.
• Unplug the power plug during a thunder/lightning storm.
• Wipe excess moisture from the inside and leave the doors open.
- Otherwise, odor and mold may develop.
• To get best performance of product,
- Do not place foods too closely in front of the vents at the rear of the appliance as it can
obstruct free air circulation in the refrigerator compartment.
- Wrap the food up properly or place it in airtight containers before putting it into the
- Do not store food which goes bad easily at low temperature, such as bananas, melons.
- Use only the ice maker provided with the refrigerator.
- Your appliance is frost free, which means there is no need to manually defrost your
appliance, as this will be carried out automatically.
- Temperature of frozen food during defrosting can shorten its storage life.
- The appliance might not operate consistently (possibility of defrosting of contents or
temperature becoming too warm in the frozen food compartment) when sited for an
extended period of time below the cold end of the range of temperature for which the
refrigerating appliance is designed.
- The fuse on refrigerator must be changed by a qualified technician or service company.
Failing to do so may result in electric shock or personal injury.
- Do not place food inside the refrigerator in a haphazard way.
The food will not cool properly.
- Do not use a hair dryer to dry the inside of the refrigerator. Do not place a lighted candle in
the refrigerator for removing bad odors.
This may result in electric shock or fire.
• Fill water tank, ice tray, water cubes only with potable water.