safety information _5
• Never use gas pipes, telephone lines or other potential lightning attractors as an electrical
- Improper use of the grounding plug can result in a risk of electric shock.
If it is necessary to use an extension cord, use only a 3-wire extension cord that has a
3-blade grounding plug and a 3-slot receptacle that will accept the plug on the appliance.
The marked rating of the extension cord should be AC115-120V, 10A, or more.
If a grounding adapter is used, make sure the receptacle box is fully grounded.
• If the power cord is damaged, have it replaced immediately by the manufacturer or its
CAUTION SIGNS FOR INSTALLATION
• Allow sufficient space to install the refrigerator on a flat surface.
- If your refrigerator is not level, the internal cooling system may not work correctly.
• Keep ventilation opening in the appliance enclosure or mounting structure clear of
• Allow the appliance to stand for 2 hours after installation.
SEVERE WARNING SIGNS FOR USING
• Do not insert the power plug with wet hands.
• Do not store articles on the top of the appliance.
- When you open or close the door, the articles may fall and cause personal injury and/or
• Do not put a container filled with water on the refrigerator.
- If spilled, there is a risk of fire or electric shock.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
• Do not let children hang on the door. A serious injury may occur.
• Do not let children enter inside of the refrigerator. There is a risk of children entrapment.
• Do not insert your hands into the bottom area under the appliance.
- Any sharp edges may cause personal injury.
• Do not let children step on drawer’s cover.
- The drawer may break and cause them to slip.
• Do not overfill the refrigerator with food.
- When you open the door, an item may fall out and cause personal injury or material
• Please observe maximum storage times and expiry dates of frozen goods.
• Do not touch the inside walls of the freezer or products stored in the freezer with wet
- This may cause frostbite.
• Never put fingers or other objects into the water dispenser hole, ice chute and ice maker
- It may cause personal injury or material damage.
• Do not spray inflammable gas near the refrigerator.
- There is a risk of explosion or fire.
• Do not store volatile or flammable substances in the refrigerator.
- The storage of benzene, thinner, alcohol, ether, LP gas and other such products may cause