© 2015 by Snow Joe
All rights reserved. Original instructions.
A Division of Snow Joe
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
40-VOLT 13-INCH CORDLESS SNOW SHOVEL
Form No. SJ-iON13SS-880E-MR1
All Operators Must Read These
Instructions Before Use
Read all instructions before using this cordless snow shovel.
Basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce
the risk of re, electric shock and personal injury.
General Safety WARNINGS!
You and any other operator of this snow shovel must read,
understand and follow these instructions in their entirety, and
should reread them at the start of each snow season. Failure
to follow these instructions may result in ELECTRIC SHOCK,
FIRE and/or serious PERSONAL INJURY.
Notice the personal safety alert symbol m used in this
manual to draw your attention to a WARNING given along
with the particular operating instruction. This means that
the operation requires special ATTENTION, CAUTION and
1. Keep work area clean and well lit – Cluttered, dark areas
2. Use the right product – Do not use this machine for any
job except that for which it is intended.
3. Replacement parts – When servicing this unit, use only
identical replacement parts. Replace or repair damaged
cord immediately on the charger.
Do not use on gravel surfaces unless the snow shovel
is adjusted for such surfaces in accordance with the
4. Keep children, bystanders and pets away – All
spectators, including pets, should be kept a safe distance
away from the work area.
5. Dress properly – Do not wear loose articles of clothing or
jewelry. They can become caught in moving parts. Wear
The cordless snow shovel should not be operated in the
hand-held position except when the instructions provided
in this manual deem such use permissible.
6. Avoid accidental starting – Make sure the safety
switch and the trigger switch are in the o position
before inserting the battery in the unit. Do not carry the
cordless snow shovel with the safety switch and the
trigger switch engaged.
7. Moving parts – Keep hands and feet away from moving
parts. Keep guards in place and in proper working order.
8. mCAUTION! Exercise caution to avoid slipping or falling.
Wear protective footwear that will protect your feet and
improve your footing on slippery surfaces.
9. Use safety glasses – Also use safety footwear, snug-
tting clothing, protective gloves, hearing and head
10. Stay alert – Watch what you are doing. Use common
sense. Do not operate the cordless snow shovel when you
are tired or under the inuence of alcohol or drugs.
11. Do not force the tool – It will perform better with less
likelihood of personal or mechanical injury if it is used at
the rate for which it was designed.
12. Do not overreach – Keep proper footing and balance at
13. If the cordless snow shovel strikes a foreign object, follow
• Stop the cordless snow shovel. Remove the battery.
• Inspect for damage.
• Repair any damage before restarting and operating
the snow shovel.
14. Disconnect the tool – Turn o the power switch and
remove the battery when it is not in use, before servicing
it, when changing accessories and when performing any
other maintenance task.
15. Store idle tool indoors – When not in use, the cordless
snow shovel should be stored indoors in a dry, locked
place out of the reach of children.
16. Maintain the cordless snow shovel with care – Follow
the applicable maintenance instructions for replacing parts
and changing accessories. Lubrication is not required.
mThis is the safety alert symbol. It is used to alert
you to potential personal injury hazards. Obey all
safety messages that follow this symbol to avoid
possible injury or death.
Improperly using or maintaining this cordless snow
shovel could result in injury or death. To reduce
this potential, comply with the following safety
This cordless snow shovel can amputate hands and
feet if used incorrectly. It can also pick up foreign
objects, which can become dangerous projectiles
when thrown into the air. Failure to observe the
following safety instructions could result in serious