Surge of Steam
Use to remove stubborn creases
1. With the water tank filled to the MAX mark, set fabric selection
dial to appropriate setting (between 4 and 6) for your fabric (E).
Note: See fabric guide under the heel rest and read garment's label to
help you determine fabric type.
2. Be sure there is water in the tank. Steam is automatically turned off
between settings 0 and 3.
3. Press the surge-of-steam button
to generate a burst of steam (F).
For best performance, leave an interval of 5 seconds between
4. When finished ironing, turn the fabric selection dial to 0 and
unplug the iron.
Important: Always stand the iron on its heel rest when powered on
but not in use.
Use for removing wrinkles from hanging clothes and drapes.
1. Be sure the water tank is filled to the MAX mark.
2. Hang the garment to be steamed on a clothes hanger. (Curtains or drapes can be steamed
once they are hung.)
3. Turn the fabric selection dial to appropriate setting (between 4 and
6) for your fabric.
4. Hold the iron close to, but not touching, the fabric.
5. Pull the fabric tight in your free hand and pump the surge-of-steam
button as you move the iron over the fabric (G).
Important: Always stand the iron on its heel rest when powered
on but not in use.
Use to dampen tough wrinkles at any setting (H).
1. Be sure the iron is filled with water.
2. On first use, pump the spray button
IRONING WITHOUT STEAM
1. Turn the fabric selection dial to setting between settings 0 and
3 to iron without steam (J). The Smart Steam™ system will
2. To dry iron at higher settings, empty the water from the tank to
EMPYTING WATER TANK (OPTIONAL)
Note: It is not necessary to empty the water after each use.
1. Unplug the iron and let it cool.
2. Open the water-fill cover.
3. To release the water, hold the iron over a sink with the tip pointing
down. Water will empty out of the water-fill opening (K).
Care and Cleaning
This product contains no user-serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified service personnel.
CLEANING OUTSIDE SURFACES
1. Make sure iron is unplugged and has cooled completely.
2. Wipe the soleplate and outer surfaces with a soft cloth dampened with water.
3. Add mild household detergent. Never use abrasives, heavy-duty cleansers, vinegar
or scouring pads that may scratch or discolor the iron.
4. After cleaning, steam iron over an old cloth to remove any residue from the steam vents.
To keep the steam vents free of any buildup, about once a month follow these instructions.
1. Fill the water tank well below the MAX line. Plug in the iron.
2. Turn the fabric-selection dial to 6 and stand the iron on its heel rest. Allow it to heat
3. Turn fabric selection dial to 0, unplug the iron and hold over a sink with the soleplate
4. Press and hold the AUTO CLEAN
button. Be careful, as after
several seconds, hot water and steam will come out of the steam
vents (L). Continue to hold the AUTO CLEAN
button until all the
water has emptied. If necessary, rock iron side to side and front to
5. When finished, release the button, stand the iron on its heel rest
and plug it in.
6. Heat the unit for about 2 minutes to dry out any remaining water.
STORING YOUR IRON
1. Unplug the iron and allow it to cool.
2. Check that the selector is set to 0.
3. Press and hold the cord reel button to retract the cord (M).
4. Store vertically on its heel to prevent water leaking from the