DOOR REPLACEMENT AND ADJUSTMENT
1. Disconnect oven from power supply and remove the
Remove turntable tray and turntable support from oven
2. Remove three (3) screws holding lower oven hinge.
3. Remove the lower oven hinge from oven cavity bottom
4. Remove door assembly from upper oven hinge on the
5. Door assembly is now free.
Note: When the individual parts are replaced, refer to
6. On re-installing door, insert the upper oven hinge into
the door hinge pin. Then while holding door in place.
6. Now, the control unit and frame assembly are separated.
NOTE; 1. Before attaching a new key unit, remove
remaining adhesive on the control panel frame
surfaces completely with alcohol and so on.
2. When a attaching the key unit to the control
panel frame, adjust the lower edge and right
edge of the key unit to the correct position of the
control panel frame.
3. Stick the key unit firmly to the control panel
frame by rubbing with soft cloth not to scratch.
THIRD DOOR SWITCH, DOOR SENSING SWITCH, PRIMARY
INTERLOCK SWITCH AND MONITOR SWITCH
If the door sensing switch, third door switch, primary
interlock switch and monitor switch do not operate properly
due to a misadjustment, the following adjustment should be
1. Loosen the two (2) screws holding latch hook to the oven
cavity front flange.
2. With door closed, adjust latch hook by moving it back
and forth, and up and down. In and out play of the door
allowed by the latch hook should be less than 0.5mm.
The vertical position of the latch hook should be adjusted
so that the door sensing switch and primary interlock
switch are activated with the door closed. The horizontal
position of the latch hook should be adjusted so that the
plungers of the monitor switch and the third door switch
are pressed with the door closed.
3. Secure the screws with washers firmly.
4. Check the all switches operation. If each switch has not
activated with the door closed, loosen the screw and
After adjustment, check the following.
1. In and out play of door remains less than 0.5mm at the
THIRD DOOR SWITCH, DOOR SENSING SWITCH, PRIMARY INTERLOCK SWITCH AND MONITOR SWITCH
1. Disconnect oven from power supply and remove outer
2. Discharge high voltage capacitor.
3. Remove the control panel assembly, refer to "Control
4. Disconnect wire leads from each of the switches and
5. Remove two (2) screws holding latch hook to oven
6. Remove latch hook assembly from oven flange.
7. Push outward on the one (1) stopper tabs holding each
of switches place.
8. Switch is now free.
At this time switch lever will be free, do not lose it.
1. Re-install switch lever and each interlock switch in its
place. The primary interlock switch is in the lower
position and the door sensing switch and thir door switch
are in the upper position and the monitor switch is in the
2. Re-connect wire leads to each switches and fuse holder.
Refer to pictorial diagram.
3. Secure latch hook (with two (2) mounting screws) to
4. Make sure that the monitor switch is operating properly
and check continuity of the monitor circuit. Refer to chapter "Test Procedure" and Adjustment procedure.
2. The door sensing switch and primary interlock switch
interrupt the circuit before the door can be opened.
3. Monitor switch contacts close when door is opened.
4. The third door switch contacts open when the door is
5. Re-install outer case and check for microwave leakage
around door with an approved microwave survey meter.
(Refer to Microwave Measurement Procedure.)
Figure C-4. Latch Switch Adjustments
THIRD DOOR SWITCH