U AH SENSOR TEST
Checking the initial sensor cooking condition
(1) The oven should be plugged in at least two minutes before sensor cooking.
(2) Room temperature should not exceed 95
(3) The unit should not be installed in any area where heat and steam are generated. The unit should
not be installed, for example, next to a conventional surface unit. Refer to the "INSTALLATION
(4) Exhaust vents are provided on the back of the unit for proper cooling and air flow in the cavity. To
permit adequate ventilation, be sure to install so as not to block these vents. There should be some
space for air circulation.
(5) Be sure the exterior of the cooking container and the interior of the oven are dry. Wipe off any moisture
with a dry cloth or paper towel.
(6) The Sensor works with food at normal storage temperature. For example, chicken pieces would be
at refrigerator temperature and canned soup at room temperature.
(7) Avoid using aerosol sprays or cleaning solvents near the oven while using Sensor settings. The
sensor will detect the vapour given of by the spray and turn off before food is properly cooked.
(8) After 30 minutes if the sensor has not detected the vapour of the food, ERROR will appear and the
oven will shut off.
Water load cooking test
Make sure the oven has been plugged in at least five minutes before checking sensor cook operation.
The cabinet should be installed and screws tightened.
(1) Fill approximately 200 milliliters (7.2 oz) of tap water in a 1000 milliliter measuring cup.
(2) Place the container on the center of tray in the oven cavity.
(3) Close the door.
(4) Touch SENSOR COOK pad and number pad 1. Now, the oven is in the sensor cooking condition
and "BAKED POTATO" will appear in the display.
(5) Touch Start pad. The oven will operate for the first 16 seconds, without generating microwave energy.
T PROCEDURES TO BE TAKEN WHEN THE FOIL PATTERN ON THE PRINTED WIRING BOARD
(PWB) IS OPEN.
To protect the electronic circuits, this model is provided with a fine foil pattern added to the primary
on the PWB, this foil pattern acts as a fuse. If the foil pattern is open, follow the troubleshooting
guide given below for repair.
Problem: POWER ON, indicator does not light up.
STEPS OCCURRENCE CAUSE OR CORRECTION
1 The rated voltage is not applied to POWER Check supply voltage and oven power cord.
terminal of CPU connector (CN-A).
2 The rated voltage is applied to primary side Power transformer or secondary circuit defective.
of power transformer. Check and repair.
3 Only pattern at "a" is broken. *Insert jumper wire J1 and solder.
4 Pattern at "a" and "b" are broken. *Insert the coil RCILF2003YAZZ between "c" and "d".
NOTE: *At the time of making these repairs, make a
visual inspection of the varistor. Check for
burned damage and examine the transformer
with an ohmmeter for the presence of layer
short-circuit (check the primary coil resist-
ance which is approximately 175
Ω ± 10%). If
any abnormal condition is detected, replace
the defective parts.
CN - A
CONV M FAN M POWER