© 2015 by Snow Joe
All rights reserved. Original instructions.
A Division of Snow Joe
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
PRO SERIES 21-INCH CORDLESS
Form No. SJ-iON21SB-PRO-880E-MR1
All Operators Must Read These
Instructions Before Use
Read all instructions before using this cordless snow blower.
Basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce
the risk of re, electric shock, and personal injury.
General Safety Rules
Notice the personal safety alert symbol m used in this
manual to draw your attention to a WARNING given along
with the particular operating instruction. This means that
the operation requires special ATTENTION, CAUTION, and
• Keep work area clean and well lit – Cluttered, dark areas
• Keep bystanders away – All bystanders and pets should
be kept a safe distance away from the work area.
• Dress properly – Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry.
They can get caught in moving parts. Protective rubber
gloves and non-slip footwear are recommended when
• Use the right product – Do not use this machine for any
job except that for which it is intended.
• mCAUTION! – Exercise caution to avoid slipping or falling.
Wear protective footwear that will protect your feet and
improve your footing on slippery surfaces.
• Use safety glasses – Also use safety footwear, snug-tting
clothing, protective gloves, hearing, and head protection.
• Do not force the snow blower – Use the snow blower
at the rate for which it was designed to ensure optimal
performance and safe operation.
• Stay alert – Watch what you are doing. Use common
sense. Do not operate the snow blower when you are tired
or under the inuence of alcohol or drugs.
• Do not overreach – Keep proper footing and balance at
• Store indoors – When not in use, the snow blower should
be kept dry and stored out of the reach of children in a high
or locked place.
• Maintain snow blower with care – Follow instructions for
lubricating and changing accessories.
mWARNING! Turn o the power switch and disconnect
the battery before making any adjustments, inspecting,
servicing, changing accessories, cleaning the snow blower,
or when any other dangerous conditions present. Any
such operation should be performed after revolving parts
inside the snow blower stop completely. Such preventive
safety measures reduce the risk of starting the power tool
mWARNING! When replacing any parts, you must strictly
observe the instructions and procedures described in this user
manual. Special care should be paid to any rubber parts, since
these parts may increase the engine load and decrease its
mechanical power if damaged.
mWARNING! If you notice that the snow blower is not
running properly or hear abnormal sounds from the engine
when it is in use, immediately stop the machine, disconnect
the battery, and contact your authorized Snow Joe
dealer or the Snow Joe
+ Sun Joe
center at 1-866-SNOWJOE (1-866-766-9563).
• Surfaces – This snow blower is intended for use on paved
surfaces. Do not use on gravel, stone, or other unpaved
surfaces unless the snow blower is adjusted for such
surfaces according to the instructions given in this manual.
• Moving parts present risks – Keep your face, hair,
clothing, hands, and feet away from moving parts. All
guards and safety attachments must be installed properly
before using the unit. Shut o and disconnect the battery
before touching any parts other than the handles and
• Avoid unintentional starting – Make sure the safety switch
and the switch bar lever are in the o position before
inserting the battery in the unit. Do not carry the snow
blower with the safety switch and the switch bar lever
• Do not overreach – Maintain proper footing and balance
at all times. Place heels rmly on the ground and tightly
grasp the handle bar. Watch for uneven surfaces and do not
overreach. In case you fall or collide with the snow blower,
inspect the unit for any damages or cracks. When stepping
backwards, be careful to avoid obstacles beneath your feet
or behind you to avoid falling.
mWARNING! If the snow blower strikes any object,
follow these steps:
i) Stop the snow blower. Remove the battery.
ii) Inspect for damage.
iii) Repair any damage before restarting and operating
the snow blower.