The self-clean cycle uses above normal cooking
temperatures to clean the oven’s interior
It is normal for smoking to occur during cleaning if the
oven is heavily soiled. It is better to clean the oven
regularly rather than to wait until there is a heavy
build-up of soil in the oven.
During the cleaning process, the kitchen should be
well ventilated to get rid of normal odors associated
Before a self-clean Cycle
We recommend venting
your kitchen with an open
window or using a
ventilation fan or hood
during the first self-clean
Remove the oven racks,
broiler pan, broiler grid, all
cookware, and aluminum
foil or any other material
from the oven.
Remove all racks
before you begin a
self clean cycle.
• The silver-colored oven racks can be self-cleaned,
but they will darken, lose their luster, and become
hard to slide It is recommended to remove all racks
before starting the self clean cycle.
• Soil on the front frame of the range and outside the
gasket on the door will need to be cleaned by hand.
Clean these areas with hot water, soap-filled steel-
wool pads, or cleansers such as Soft Scrub; Rinse
well with clean water and dry.
• Do not clean the gasket. The fiberglass material of
the oven door gasket cannot withstand abrasion. It is
essential for the gasket to remain intact. If you notice
it becoming worn or frayed, replace it.
• Wipe up any heavy spillovers on the oven bottom.
• Make sure the oven light bulb cover is in place and
the oven light is off.
• Do not leave baking/ pizza stone in the oven during
the self-clean cycle.
Wipe up heavy soil on
the oven bottom.
• DO NOT leave small children unattended near
- During the self-cleaning cycle, the outside of the
oven can become very hot to touch.
• Move Birds to another well-ventilated room.
- The health of some birds is extremely sensitive
to the fumes given off during the self-cleaning
cycle of any oven.
• DO NOT line the oven walls, racks, bottom or
any other part of the oven with aluminum foil
or any other material.
- Doing so will destroy heat distribution, produce
poor baking results and cause permanent
damage to the oven interior (aluminum foil will
melt to the interior surface of the oven.)
• DO NOT force the door open.
- This can damage the automatic door locking
system. Use care when opening the oven door
after the self-cleaning cycle. Stand to the side of
the oven when opening the door to allow hot air
or steam to escape. The oven may still be VERY
• DO NOT block the oven vent(s) during the
- This can damage the electric parts of the oven.
Air must be able to move freely.