One Year Limited Warranty and
Replacement Service (USA only)
Who is covered:
• This limited warranty ("warranty") is given only to the original end-use/retail
purchaser (referred to in this warranty as "Original Purchaser") of the
accompanying product, consumables and accessories (collectively
referred to in this warranty as "this Product").
• If you purchased a product from someone other than an authorized Brother
reseller in the United States or if the product was used (including but not
limited to floor models or refurbished product), prior to your purchase you
are not the Original Purchaser and the product that you purchased is not
covered by this warranty.
What is covered:
• This Product includes a Machine and Consumable and Accessory Items.
Consumable and Accessory Items include but are not limited to print
heads, toner, drums, ink cartridges, print cartridges, refill ribbons, therma
PLUS paper and thermal paper.
• Except as otherwise provided herein, Brother warrants that the Machine
and the accompanying Consumable and Accessory Items will be free from
defects in materials and workmanship, when used under normal
• This warranty applies only to products purchased and used in the United
States. For products purchased in, but used outside, the United States,
this warranty covers only warranty service within the United States (and
does not include shipping outside the United States).
What is the length of the Warranty Periods:
• Machines: one year from the original purchase date.
• Accompanying Consumable and Accessory Items: 90 days from the
original purchase date or the rated life of consumable, whichever comes
What is NOT covered:
This warranty does not cover
(1) Physical damage to this Product;
(2) Damage caused by improper installation, improper or abnormal use,
misuse, neglect or accident (including but not limited to transporting this
Product without the proper preparation and/or packaging);
(3) Damage caused by another device or software used with this Product
(including but not limited to damage resulting from use of non
-brand parts and Consumable and Accessory Items);
(4) Consumable and Accessory Items that expired in accordance with a
rated life; and,
(5) Problems arising from other than defects in materials or workmanship.
(6) Normal Periodic Maintenance Items, such as Paper Feeding Kit, Fuser
and Laser Units.
This limited warranty is VOID if this Product has been altered or modified in
any way (including but not limited to attempted warranty repair without
authorization from Brother and/or alteration/removal of the serial number).
What to do if you think your Product is eligible for warranty service:
Report your issue to either our Customer Service Hotline at 1-800-284-4329
for Fax, MFC and DCP and 1-800-276-7746 for Printers, or to a Brother
Authorized Service Center within the applicable warranty period
Brother or the Brother Authorized Service Center with a copy of your dated
bill of sale showing that this Product was purchased within the U.S. For the
name of local Brother Authorized Service Center(s), call 1-800-521-2846.
What Brother will ask you to do:
After contacting Brother or a Brother Authorized Service Center, you may be
required to deliver (by hand if you prefer) or send the Product properly
packaged, freight prepaid, to the Authorized Service Center together with a
photocopy of your bill of sale. You are responsible for the cost of
shipping, packing product, and insurance (if you desire). You are also
responsible for loss or damage to this Product in shipping.
What Brother will do:
If the problem reported concerning your Machine and/or accompanying
Consumable and Accessory Items is covered by this warranty and
if you first
reported the problem to Brother or an Authorized Service Center within the
applicable warranty period, Brother or its Authorized Service Center will
repair or replace the Machine and/or accompanying Consumable and
Accessory Items at no charge to you for parts or labor. The decision as to
whether to repair or replace the Machine and/or accompanying Consumable
and Accessory Items is made